|Description and reference
|Gordon Childe at St John's Lodge: some early recollections
|Nancy Sandars was among the first group of students to be taught by Gordon Childe after he left Edinburgh, where he had been the Abercromby Professor of Archaeology, to become the first full-time Director of the Institute of Archaeology in 1946.
The Institute was then housed in St John's Lodge in Regent's Park. She recalls those early days with affection, and describes how Childe interacted with his students.